Hi,

does anyone have good tips on how to install
smtp-auth for qmail? I want to allow a few
clients with dynamic IP-adresses to relay
over my server. I tried out a few patches.
But it doesn't work correctly. I use Outlook
Express to test it. When I deactivate
"Server needs authentification" qmail responds
with an error message "Sorry, that domain isn't ..."
That's ok.
But when I activate "Server needs authentification"
relaying is permittet, but qmail doesn't care if the password
is right or wrong or if the given user exists or not.
Does maybe anyone have a step-by-step manual on how to
configure it, which patch to use, which checkpassword to use ...
I'm using qmail, daemontools, ucspi and qmail-conf
As checkpassword a I use checkpoppasswd hacked from Paul Gregg.
POP3 works fine for me.

        /martin

---

               Martin Hasenbein  Phone (Fax): (+49) 89 1216376-1 (3)
     \|/       Weiglstr.9        mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
     @ @       D-80636 München   http://martin.hasenbein.com

                On the 8th day, god created Unix ;-)