This is an odd ball error:

"deferral: preline:_fatal:_child_crashed/"

I'm using mailman as a list agent (ezmlm is nice, but a bit short of my needs) and for some reason when passing info through preline this error pops up in the syslog.

However if I pipe the mail message direct to the command itself without preline or qmail, I get a message just fine.

the line in the .qmail- file reads:
|/var/qmail/bin/preline /usr/local/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd timy

As much as I would like to say it's all mailmans fault, I can't figure why it would die via only qmail, and not the command line.
I'm on Solaris X86 ver 8
Using roaming users, and vchkpwd.

Any ideas of things to try or how to debug would be very helpful and appreachiated
-Alex