On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 11:45:32PM -0300, Eduardo Gargiulo wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I'm running qmail and ezmlm-idx.
> Yesterday, the log start to say
>
> deferral: Connected_to_200.0.218.99_but_connection_died._(#4.4.2)/
>
> for each address with doamin siderar.com. The problem is that 74% of
> the subscribers have this kind of addresses. How can I solve this
> problem ???

Looks to me from some quick testing that this particular host is broken.
Thanks for not munging the address or the domain name -- it allows me to
give you some advice that should work.

Drop this in smtproutes:

siderar.com:smtpsrv2.techint.net

Looks to me like their primary MX is broken, and in a way that breaks
delivery for qmail -- it accepts the TCP connection, and then drops it.
qmail will continue to try to deliver to this host. You may wish to
inform postmaster@ of the problem -- the host may just be down
temporarily.

--
Greg White