That certainly could be the case, but that means that qmail uses its own
resolver and not the OS's, which doesn't sound very smart. Unless an
application can specify what means to resolve names regardless of system
settings, which doesn't seem very smart either. I would try it anyway, but
make sure that the system refers to "files" first (usu. nsswitch.conf).

-K