GARGIULO Eduardo INGDESI <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have a server running sendmail with thousand users.  I want to put
> another server with qmail to act as smtp only. What I need is users
> configure qmail as smtp server but keep the mailboxes on sendmail. If
> qmail receives a message to a user domain it delivers to sendmail.

Configure qmail as if it were a secondary MX for the domain, and put an
smtproutes entry in which directs mail for the domain to the sendmail
server.  Note you'll still need sendmail running as an SMTP daemon,
simply to accept mail from the qmail server.

The other way would be to have the qmail box deliver messages over NFS
-- but that's only 100% safe with Maildirs, and you're unlikely to be
delivering mail to $USER/Maildir/ on the sendmail box.

Charles
  • smtp only GARGIULO Eduardo INGDESI
    • Charles Cazabon