On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 09:42:14AM -0700, Jon Rust wrote:
> A user on a mailserver that we secondary for (don't get me started) has
> been mailbombed. Currently there are literally 10's of thousands of
> messages in my queue trying to deliver to him. My mail server's running
> at a oad of 8 right now. How can I clear out all these messages easily?
> They are all the same size, so I could use find to look through mess for
> the file names, then remove them from mess, info and remote. Does that
> work? Should I stop qmail-send before doing this?

Add the domain to virtualdomains, like so:

domain.com:alias-domain

then create ~alias/.qmail-domain-default with a single hash ("#") mark in it.

then add a smtproute to localhost for the domain and restart qmail-send.  The
only problem with this is that all messages for that domain will be deleted,
not just the person who got mailbombed.

--Adam

--
Adam McKenna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | Sign the Fernando Petition!
http://flounder.net/publickey.html   | http://www.mickaboofriends.org