At 11:38 18.07.2001 +0100, Paul Garrett wrote:
>I'm starting again from 'life with qmail' (about 3rd time now) and
>whenever i put the line:

used this already four times... never had a problem

>  SV:123456:respawn:env - PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin
> svscan /service </dev/null >/dev/console 2>/dev/console
>
>in the inittab, it comes up with the folling error on the screen over and
>over again
>
>Supervise: fatal: unable to start qmail-smtpd/run: file does not exist
>/var/qmail/rc: ./Mailbox: No such file or directory

please post:
your logs, your /var/qmail/rc, your /service/qmail-smtpd/run
if /var/qmail/rc refers to other files, please post them too

>I then have to remove the line and kill -HUP 1 to stop the errors.  There
>is a folder called /var/qmail/Mailbox so i dont know why its not finding it.

i don't have this folder, and it works fine

>Many thanks
>
>Paul

MfG
--
Lukas "Maverick" Beeler / Telematiker
Project: D.R.E.A.M / every.de - Your Community