Lukas Beeler writes:

> It looks like the primary server is configured wrong and / or the dns records are
> configured wrong.. can you tell me the configuration of your primary server ?
> narnias.dk.             43200   IN      MX      50 mail.n-consult.dk.
> narnias.dk.             43200   IN      MX      10 mail.narnias.dk.
> as it looks like, mail.n-consult.dk has the higher priority.. iam not really
> sure about mx records, iam not a expert in dns questions..
> probably you should change the value, that the primary has the higher number
> and, of course try to check about that the primary really accepts mail for
> narnias.dk

CMIIW, but primary mx has to has lower number which means higher priority.
To configure a backup-mx, you only need to put narnias.dk in rcpthosts of
the backup-mx server so that it will accept mails for narnias.dk when the
primary mx is down but it won't treat them as local mail. That way the
backup-mx will keep on trying to send those mail to the primary mx.

Regards,

Ahmad Ridha