On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 02:41:22PM -0600, Mike Hodson wrote:
> Hello there.
> I have been noticing slightly out of the ordinary things happening in my
> qmail-send logs after changing the queue filesystem over to reiserfs.
> I am seeing the same inode used for multiple messages. Is this normal?

Yes, this is perfectly normal. Once a message is delivered, an inode
number becomes available. Depending on how a filesystem allocates
inodes, this may mean the number is immediately reused. If you have
lots of logfiles from qmail running on an ext2fs disk, I guarantee you
will see some inode-numbers being used more than once too.

Greetz, Peter
--
Against Free Sex!   http://www.dataloss.nl/Megahard_en.html