[Please do not start new threads by replying to unrelated messages.]

* David Gartner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [010724 15:55]:
> I have a problem, that's not _really_ a problem, but I've had someone
> complain, so I figured I should fix it.  I always put .qmail-postmaster
> in /var/qmail/alias and point it to an account on the system.  It's
> always worked, except on one site.  It rejects any mail for postmaster
> saying that there is no such user, but the .qmail-postmaster file _is_
> in place.  Does anyone know why, on this one system, qmail disregards
> the .qmail file?  Thanks in advance.

What do the logs say if you send a message to postmaster in that domain?
What does "ls -lsa /var/qmail/alias" say?
What does "id alias" give?
What does "grep alias /etc/passwd" give?

-Johan
--
Johan Almqvist
http://www.almqvist.net/johan/qmail/