It sounds to me like you didn't stop and restart the qmail-send daemon
after making those changes. Read the man page on qmail-send.

This little snippet is probably the most helpful:

CONTROL FILES
       WARNING:  qmail-send  reads its control files only when it
       starts.  If you change the control files,  you  must  stop
       and restart qmail-send.  Exception: If qmail-send receives
       a HUP signal, it will reread locals and virtualdomains.

Jamin

On Tue, 24 Jul 2001, Edward McLain wrote:

> I’ve got a quick problem and I hope that someone can help me with this.
> In the past month my company has switched from using Sendmail with
> linuxconf and virtualpop3 to using qmail with vpoppasswd.  Everything
> converted great and I have a couple of bash scripts and php scripts that
> make this conversion easy and fast if anyone is interested.  The problem
> I am having is in the queuing.  I cannot seem to get qmail-send to run
> more than 20 qmail-remotes at any one time.  I have changed
> /var/qmail/control/concurrencyremote to 90 and it still stops at 20.
> I’ve searched through the archives and done as much research as
> possible, but still can’t find anyway around this.  I also set
> /var/qmail/control/queuelifetime to 345600, which should reflect about 4
> days, however mail is still sticking around in the queue for a week.
> Anyone have any suggestions or otherwise on this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ed McLain
> High Speed Solutions
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Jamin A. Brown                      Systems Operations Supervisor
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   * Great Works Internet *   207.286.8686 x142
RSA 1024 PGP Key:        http://home.gwi.net/~jamin/pgp/jamin.asc