On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 12:58:46AM +0100, John P wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> In order to avoid waking up tomorrow and downloading lots of some Brazilian
> idiot's 200k documents, I thought I would unsubscribe from the qmail list
> overnight.

Not a bad idea, under the circumstances. I guess Dan's not been on-list
for awhile, or I bet this idiot would have been blackholed hours ago.

> I sent an e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] , from the same IP, SMTP
> server, e-mail address etc. that I subscribed from (and double-checked the
> headers just in case) but got no reply. I tried qmail-help@ and even
> qmail-subscribe@ just to see, but still no reply.

Thanks to this jackass DoSing the list, messages to/from the list to me
seem to be taking almost an hour -- thus the reason I break with my
tradition and reply with 'reply-to-all' rather than 'reply-to-list'.

> Any ideas? I'm just glad I have ADSL.. (a month ago, I would have been using
> a 28k dialup!). Am I being impatient - I have waited about half an hour?

See above.

Dan -- please blackhole this idiot, and preferably blackhole the two
with the antivirus scanners that refuse to handle mailing lists in
anything vaguely resembling a sane manner.

--
Greg White