I moved qmail off of a 'do it all' box to it's own box. It's running
great. My problem is that the old machine is still the DNS for my
domain. When it sends status messages to me, it, I'm guessing, checks
DNS and gets the public IP of the new box, can't connect to it from
behind the firewall (both boxes are 192. ), so it sends it to the
secondary MX record, which is my old ISP. I then get it via getmail cron
job, but I'd like for it to deliver internally. I've changed the
/etc/hosts to point to the 192. address, but qmail must not look at
that. How can I have DNS giving out the public IP for the world, yet
tell qmail the 192. addr??

qmail box ------>  hub ----> OpenBSD firewall ----> DSL
                   ^

- Gary