On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 12:04:18PM -0600, Stephen Bosch wrote:
> Fortunately, I'm using Linux -- but I fear it will only be a matter of
> time before Linux too will be the victim of worm attacks like this.

Sorry to continue this somewhat off topic thread....
I think it's really an issue of user knowledge - most linux users are not
going to just randomly open / execute a program just because they receive it
in their email.  If you use a mailer like mutt or pine, it's pretty unlikely
that you're going to have any problems.  If you're using a graphical program
like Netscape it's still unlikely provided you turn inline attachments /
javascript off.

Now we still haven't heard anything; does this list have an admin /
moderator?  Why isn't it closed to off list subscribers and why doesn't it
reject all attachments?

This would stop all of the annoying problems we're having.