Am 27.07.2001 um 14:35:17 schrieb Michele Schiavo:

Hi Michele,

> Who i can set up qmail to accept e-mail from a secific client?

depends on how you have setup qmail.

> I have RedHat 7.0 and qmail.
> I try to use the file /etc/hosts.allow for insert the list of my client

you can specify a group of hosts in /etc/hosts.allow and do not have to
list each single machine.

> can send e-mail but it don't work.

/etc/hosts.allow has nothing to do with qmail relaying. It's probably a
good idea not to list any host without knowing why.

> I try to change the /etc/xinet.d/smtp

it is not recommended to use inet.d with qmail. You should use tcpserver
instead.

> in line server and server argument to
> change tcp-env in tcpd and meke the file /etc/tcp.xxx.

this is not for inet.d but for tcpserver. If you switch to tcpserver you
should:

a) create an /etc/tcp.smtp (or similar) and
b) build the /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb from this file

detailled information can be found on
www.palomine.net/qmail/selectiverelay.html

Good luck

/ch

--
"Contrary to popular belief, Unix is user friendly.
It just happens to be selective about who it makes friends with."