<standard bashing>
Please break your lines so that we don't have to.
</standard bashing>

* Freedom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [010727 17:24]:
> I am new to Qmail so I followed the well written directions in life with
> Qmail.  However, as I am trying to test the install and configuration
> (latter part of section 2), I get the errors listed below.  In several of
> the posts to this mailing list, people have indicated that this error is
> dealing with default delivery.  I don't have a .qmail file (which I
> understand would be in the users home directory), but I do have a
> defaultdelivery file (the first line is not blank either).  Another post
> indicated the rc script could be the issue...but I used the rc script
> "life with qmail" suggested.
> ______________________EXCERPT FROM QMAIL LOG____________________________
> @400000003b617b681e75b4e4 status: local 1/10 remote 0/20
> @400000003b617b681f3cc5d4 delivery 125: deferral:
>Uh-oh:_first_line_of_.qmail_file_is_blank._(#4.2.1)/

This is way to litte information. We need at least the entire log for one
message with this problem (all lines that concern that message including
all deliveries). I'd also like to see the rc script (possible typo...),
and if the user has no .qmail, the output of
ls -a /var/qmail/alias/
and the contents of the .qmail files there.

Obvioulsy, you haven't followed the list that well, especially regarding
how to report problems...

-Johan
--
Johan Almqvist