On Sat, Jul 28, 2001 at 02:22:59PM -0700, Jon Rust wrote:
> > Print the error message to standard output and the server will return this
> > message.
>
> This doesn't work with qmail-queue. I have yet to find anyway to get a
> message either returned to the sending server or to the logs. I've tried
> printing to standard out and standard error.

Can't be done. qmail-smtpd - which calls - qmail-queue - doesn't listen to
anything qmail-queue says except it's exit code.

To do what you want, you'll have to write your own qmail-queue program that
generates a bounce  itself - instead of relying on qmail-smtpd to do it.

See Qmail-Scanner <URL:http://qmail-scanner.sourceforge.net/> for an
example.

--
Cheers

Jason Haar

Unix/Special Projects, Trimble NZ
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417