Thank you for such a wonderfully nice short response.

I'm sorry if I sound like a jerk, but I had read several were out there -
and I had read on here some people complaining about slowness and some
moving from courier to UW, and some moving from UW to courier.

I HAD searched the archives - most of the ones that had to do with opinions
of IMAP that I saw were several months old - as you know software can change
fast with new features and better stability.

Reading the base faq (which I DID DO):

5.2.4. imap-maildir
David R. Harris has cleaned up the patch that adds maildir support to the
University of Washington IMAP server and documented the installation
process. See http://www.davideous.com/imap-maildir/.

5.2.5. Courier-IMAP
Sam Varshavchik has written an IMAP server that supports maildir mailboxes
only. It's available from http://www.inter7.com/courierimap/.

And I did not read *your* FAQ because I do not use QMail-LDAP - actually I
use a combination of sendmail and qmail for the mail solution, so forgive me
for not wanting to make a switch to move everything into an LDAP style
solution.

So, before you jump down someones throat for something you ASSUME (ie: not
doing homework) - check first.

-Tony