On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 03:22:42PM +0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi!!!
>
> I've been running my Qmail server for 7 months now, without any problems what so
>ever!!

Glad to hear it.
> But yesterday it stopped sending any outgouing mail. Incoming still works fine....
>
> I tried a restart which did not help at all.
>
> When qmail starts i get the following error message:
>
> supervise: fatal: unable to acquire
> qmail-send/supervise/lock: temporary failure
> supervise: fatal: unable to acquire qmail-smtpd/supervise/lock:
> temporary failure
>
> What has happened???

Looks to me like you're trying to 'supervise' qmail-smtpd twice, or a
previous supervise process did not exit cleanly, and left lockfiles
hanging around. Try:

svc -d /service/qmail-send
rm /service/qmail-send/supervise/*
svc -u /service/qmail-send

Then try to find out what's starting the supervise process twice --
possibly you have a SYSV-type script that starts svscan, and then tries
to start all the supervised processes again...

--
Greg White