s. ryu writes:

> That is not true. i would not say i had no idea. i had some idea.
> yes! i was confused about the intend of that file. by the way, i am NOT HE!
> i had my reasons why i had to delete the file as described on the previous
> message, if you read it. i think, you should read the message posted more
> carefully before responding.

Sorry to say this but you previous post did show that you didn't have the
right idea about what rcpthosts are for. You only need to add domains that
your machine serves to rcpthosts.

> i feel that this message board group is a bit hostile. ok. we need to read
> the documentation to install it correctly.

Please read Life With qmail (LWQ) <http://www.lifewithqmail.org>. It really
helps even for newbies like myself. This list may look a bit 'scary' but
there's a lot of help here as long we have given enough effort to 'help
ourselves' and provided sufficeient information on the problem. Searching
the archives before posting is also highly expected.

Now onto you problem. Here I use examples from our server.

1. Add your domain(s) to rcpthosts
2. Create /etc/tcp.smtp containing the host(s) that you want to allow
relaying through the server, e.g:

127.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
192.168.3.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""

3. 'Compile the file'

tcprules /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb /etc/tcp.smtp.tmp < /etc/tcp.smtp
chmod 644 /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb

4. Add -x option to tcpserver in your run script (use of inetd or xinetd is
unfamiliar in this list since tcpserver is preferred)

exec /usr/local/bin/softlimit -m 2000000 \
/usr/local/bin/tcpserver -R -H -l student -v -p -x /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb \
 -c 20 -u 502 -g 501 0 smtp /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd 2>&1

The above steps are well explained in the mentionend LWQ.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ahmad Ridha