On Wednesday, August 01, 2001 20:19, Tom Beer [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
wrote:
> > in a bounce message i got this
> >
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > CNAME lookup failed temporarily. (#4.4.3)

to clarify
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
CNAME lookup failed temporarily. (#4.4.3)

> This is a DNS related problem. The lookup for the
> cannonical name quint.be is temporarily broken
> (BIND + dialup connection?)
Ok it's an adsl connection that reconnects after 10 mins if the connection
is broken. it would be strange that every time qmail tried to send the
message the connection would be down.

> But it's only temporary and qmail tries again (#4.    4.3)
>                                                                   ^^^^
Sure for one week or the default queue time i got 2 msgs like that and in
between the time the msg was submitted and the time the bounce arrived i
got several msgs from the same machine to the same account.
By my knowledge the dns has not been down either.

> Tom

Willy De la Court
Quint NV NS