Richard Underwood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>       My other suspicion is that there's a chance that my one server will
> try a couple of dozen connections to the same remote host at the same time.
> (This is an issue in itself!)

Why is this an issue?  If the remote host can handle 100 inbound
connections, you should be able to open 100 connections to them, inject
your messages, and close the connections.  Everyone's happy.

If the remote host can't handle that many, it shouldn't accept that
many.  You'll then get connections past X deferred, and qmail will back
off.

Charles