On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 03:21:26PM -0400, Ed Weinberg wrote:
> I have seen the anti-virus options listed on the qmail.org site and looked at
> the documentation on vendors sites.  I was wondering what the advantage was of
> installing the anti-virus add-ons to Qmail (like Qmail-Scanner) when you can just
>run most of
> the mail scrubbers as a daemon which  listens to port 25 and sends good eamail
> to some non-standard p;ort where qmail-smtpd (via tcpserver) can be listening?
>
>   --  Ed

First thought that occurs to me: why would I trust the AV author to
entirely DTRT WRT SMTP? I use qmail because Dan's code is small, lean,
and appears from all accounts to be immune to remote exploit. I have no
such faith in any AV authors yet -- after all, they're incapable of
filtering simple double-extension Outlook viruses by their nature, why
trust them with network code? *grin*

--
Greg White