Bela Lubkin writes:
 > Assuming qmail has been set up on a bastion host and is being used to
 > route incoming mail from the Internet to various internal hosts;
 >
 > and observing that in doing such routing, it is not honoring the
 > "user-token@domain" address extension delimiter;
 >
 > then: what mistake has been made in configuring the bastion host?

Hard to say.  There are so many mistakes you could have made.  If you
were a clueless luser, I'd suggest that you failed to create
~alias/.qmail-token (from the example above) or put the wrong thing in
it.  But you're not, and you didn't, therefore you must have done
something spectacularly wrong, rather than mildly and boringly wrong.
Pray, tell us what it was when you figure it out.

 > Furthermore: once that's been fixed, is there a way to also get it to
 > honor "=" as a similar address extension delimiter -- without setting up
 > thousands of individual wildcard aliases?

man qmail-users
should tell you how to set up multiple instances of each user, each
with his own delimiter.  I tend not to like qmail-users because I
(still!) have more experience with hosts where a user in /etc/passwd
can receive email, damnit.

--
-russ nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  http://russnelson.com
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok |