On Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 11:09:25AM +0100, Richard Underwood wrote:
>       I've also noticed that if qmail tries to deliver (for example) 50
> messages to one host concurrently, perhaps 2 will get through. The rest will
> be retried, but unfortunately they tend to get retried at much the same
> time. Again, 2 messages get through, and the process repeats. This simply
> isn't efficient.

This isn't qmails fault but the fault of the remote host. There is room for
improvement - just not on qmail's side. The remote host MUST NOT accept more
connections than it can handle. If it does the remote recipients must live
with the delays.

--
* Henning Brauer, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.bsws.de *
* Roedingsmarkt 14, 20459 Hamburg, Germany               *