Martin Hasenbein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> I've read that the advantages about multilog and disadvantages about
> syslog and splogger, but I want qmail, smtpd, qmtpd and pop3d to
> log to one logfile

If you modify that to "I want to view the qmail, etc. logs together in
chronological order", then consider this method...

$ for f in qmail smtpd qmtpd pop3d; do tail /var/log/$f/current; done | sort |
tai64nlocal

That's just an example.  In practice you would replace 'tail current'
with a script that extracts the period of interest from each log.

--
Frank Cringle,      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
voice: (+49 7745) 928759; fax: 928761