On Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 02:09:33PM -0400, Dave Sill wrote:

Hi Dave,

I have followed your LWQ and my setup should be straight out of that
on both boxes. Thanks for that and the several other times you have helped
me over the past years. I have run qmail for the past 2 years using serial
mail to get mail to my subdomain.

> >When col7.metta.lk dial into metta.lk and send the mail it is going OK,
> >but when the connection from metta.lk to the Internet is down then the
> >mail is not going out of col7.metta.lk
> Oops, so you have a problem, after all. So why doesn't the mail leave
> col7?

I STATED:
When the metta.lk > world network is down, then the problem is there.
At other times there is not any problem.

I will have to withdraw that statement:
I manually shutdown eth0 on metta.lk and sent mail to the Internet
from col7.metta.lk
The result was what you said: metta.lk took the mail
and queued it for later delivery.

> >I would like metta.lk to first of all accept mail from col7.metta.lk
> >and then for metta.lk to send the mail out to the Internet whenever
> >possible.
> That's how things are designed to work.

For now I cannot come up with any error and I shall have to dig a bit more
and will try to come back later with some more details.

For now,
Thanks for your reply

Mettavihari

A saying of the Buddha from http://metta.lk/
Realizing this fact, let the virtuous and wise person swiftly clear the way that leads
to Nibbana.
Random Dhammapada Verse 289