Will someone PLEASE define "few."  I've got over 400 BOUNCE messages alone
in my
queue.  Some of them for almost a week (I know they'll timeout after a week
(and
that the timeout is configurable), but this is ridiculous.

I have tons of mail in the queue going to pm0.net (see
www.postmastergeneral.com).
Almost all of it is bounce messages.  Almost all of it from where someone
who owns
a mailing list on postmastergeneral.com is STILL sending email to
now-defunct email
addresses (email accounts that were cancelled).

I have looked at the problem long and hard and have yet to come up with a
workable
solution.  I use qmail-1.03 and vpopmail-3.4.11.  It seems that when using
virtual
doamins, qmail-smtp will NEVER reject a recipient - even if that user does
not
exist.  Instead, it relies on the qmail-local (or in my case, vdelivermail
since I'm
using vpopmail) to send a bounce.  However, it looks like
postmastergeneral.com (and
others) is not removing addresses from lists based on the bounce messages
that I'm
sending.

I know I can change the default text of the bounce message using the
".no-user.msg"
file, but a) I'm not sure where this file should be (is it global or per
virtual
domain), and b) I don't know what to put in it so that listservers will
properly
handle the bounces.

One more caveat about my setup.  I am using vpopmail with mysql support and
all the
user/domain information is kept in mysql tables.

Anybody got any ideas on how to solve this?

Eric