><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> I've done the lwq installation. As a test I have tried to telnet
> from my mail server to itself on port 25 to see if qmail is
> listening. But I get a "connection refused" message.

It would appear as if you have followed Life With Qmail. Good. In this
case, tail -f /var/log/qmail/smtpd/current and start qmail. See if any
errors come up, and paste them here. I can tell you now that, from
your ps output, qmail is not running. If it was, there would be a
tcpserver running as well, listening to port 25 and spawning
qmail-smtpd when you telnet there...
--
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit...