Hey folks.

So, more questions. Always, eh.

I've got a script that uses the qmail-queue patch that scans and
logs/drops/saves/rejects mail based on content..

What I'm wondering is if there is a way I can change the "message"  that
is sent when various exit codes are recieved?

For example,

if I exit(31) I get:

(reason: 554 mail server permanently rejected message (#5.3.0)

If I exit anything else between 11 and 40 except 11 and 31, I get:

(reason: 554 qq permanent problem (#5.3.0)

man qmail-queue   pretty much mentions this as well.  Also, looking at
qmail.c I see the full list of what does what. (its right at the bottom,
easy to find.)

Now, I could obviously twist on this to get it to produce a desired
message...(even I with my nonexistant programming skills could probably
handle it...it doesnt look like it would take much more then a line or
so..)

BUT, I'd rather not add more patches then I have to, so I fall on the
accumulated wisdom here.

Is there a way, short of a code patch, that I can change the
"message" that is sent back when a certian exit code is returned?

I'm not seeing anything in the scattered docs...

I know that bouncesaying pretty much does this...but I dont think it would
be good to use bouncesaying in the between-smtpd and -queue stages...would
it?   I'm finding no reference to how it pulls this off in the docs, and
the code..well...its the sort that makese no sense to me. :)

I googled on this for a bit and came up with nada...but I dont claim to be
very good at searches...ah well.

Any suggestions or pointers?

thanks....david

--
        David Raistrick (deep in the south georgia woods)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]