[EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It's my first instalation of QMAIL and I am having one trouble to
> setup the POP3 users.
>
> First: I have a Red Hat 7.0 running in a Pentium II computer, and I
> instaled QMAIL using RPM binnary:

> qmail-1.03-17

Never heard of it.  Or do you mean Bruce Guenter's
qmail-1.03+patches-17 source RPM?

> I instaled the checkpassword using the Tar file from the DJB home page, and
> then I started QMAIL and POP3 thought XINET.

qmail-pop3d, you mean.  inetd and xinetd are deprecated.

> Follow the instructions in the Life with qmail I added the ./Mailbox to the
> /var/qmail/control/defaultdelivery,

Can't do this -- qmail-pop3d only understands Maildirs, not mbox files.

> qmail-pw2u: fatal: unable to find alias user.

You've got much more basic problems here.  Uninstall qmail and
everything else related, and then re-install according to the
instructions in "Life with qmail" at http://lifewithqmail.org .  Follow
all of the instructions to the letter.

Charles