On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 01:00:24AM -0700, Md. Sifat Ullah Patwary wrote:
> Recently we are facing a problem of mail bombing from
> some MS Win9x customer. Its due to a email worm. It
> sends a virus file attached with. extensions are
> *.pif, *.lnk etc.
>
> I was looking for any patch which will help me to scan
> this attached files and do the needful. Is there any?

yes, of course, use qmail-scanner. It has userdefinable attechment
filters, and can operate an commercial virus scanner for mime
attachments. you have to apply the qmailqueue patch, and define a
QMAILQUEUE variable in your smtp startup script.
qmail-scanner is very nice, i use it myself to protect those windooze
computers in my network.

> Secondly, some clients are sending a mail with 1000 cc
> or bcc to my local users. Is there any tools to stop
> this junk mails?

yes, of course. Most probably the tarpitting patch from qmail.org will
help you in this issue

--
Lukas Beeler                        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
GPG Fingerprint: 8030 1C2F 66C5 9D80 AA31  6604 7D4D 0A67 68D8 B67E