board master <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've already installed:
>
> Qmail 1.03+Vpopmail 4.10+sqwebmail+daemontools+ezmlm+autoresond+ucspi
> (PHWEW!)
>
> and I was wondering what would happen if I patched a brand new qmail 1.03
> with the qmailqueue patch (I want to use virus scanning) and installed the
> patched qmail over itself.

You shouldn't have to use a "brand new qmail 1.03" -- none of the
packages above require patching qmail, to my knowledge, so what you're
running now is a pure vanilla qmail plus addons.

> Would I lose anything?  Files, configurations, etc?

You shouldn't.  Just cd to the qmail source directory where you
previously compiled qmail.  Then apply the QMAILQUEUE patch, and do
"make setup check".

Charles