I'm testing out qmailadmin-0.42 with a view to installing it on a company
intranet for in-house mail management.  I've run into a problem which maybe
someone can help with.

If I log in as a non-postmaster user and try to add a redirect to the
account I get an Apache server error with "Premature end of script headers:
/usr/lib/cgi-bin/qmailadmin".  I captured stdout and stderror via a wrapper
script and it looks as if qmailadmin isn't sending anything at all when this
happens and may be segfaulting.

My wrapper..

/usr/lib/cgi-bin/qmailadmin.real | tee /tmp/qmailadmin.output

This runs fine for other pages in qmailadmin, but when I get to the problem
I get the following error in the apache error log:

[Mon Jan 29 21:01:14 2001] [error] [client 216.171.14.36] Premature end of script
headers: /usr/lib/cgi-bin/qmailadmin
/usr/lib/cgi-bin/qmailadmin: line 2: 10563 Segmentation fault
/usr/lib/cgi-bin/qmailadmin.real
     10564 Done                    | tee /tmp/qmailadmin.output

I'd guess the segfault is happening silently if I don't capture it with the
wrapper script.  Other features of the program appear to work properly.

Here's my configuration for qmailadmin.

./configure \
--enable-cgibindir=/usr/lib/cgi-bin \
--enable-vpopmaildir=/home/vpopmail \
--enable-htmldir=/var/www \
--enable-vpopuser=vpopmail

Here's the configure invocation for vpopmail

./configure \
--enable-qmaildir=/var/qmail \
[EMAIL PROTECTED] \
--enable-tcprules-prog=/usr/local/bin/tcprules \
--enable-tcpserver-file=/home/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp \
--enable-default-domain=fmp.com \
--enable-sqwebmail-pass=y \
--enable-log-name=vpopmail

Any ideas, or would any other information be helpful?

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "Everything works    |     PGP public key
FMP Computer Services |       if you let it" |      available at