Howdy list,

I appologize if this has been discussed previously,
but I am wondering if anyone would mind if I wrote
a patch to redefine qmailadmin's concept of an "alias"?

Currently, qmailadmin "aliases" create .qmail files that
look like this:

/usr/local/vpopmail/domains/trevarthan.int.wingnet.net/jesse/Maildir/

And qmailadmin .qmail "forwards" look like this:

&[EMAIL PROTECTED]

So, would anyone mind if I created a patch that uses the
.qmail "forward" syntax for "aliases"?

I have no problem with the alias GUI, and I don't plan
to change it. What I do have problems with is qmailadmin's
.qmail alias syntax. Using a direct "shortcut" to a maildir
totally bypasses any other .qmail files that would normally
effect mail flow.

This generally causes problems and confusion among
my users. My manager even went as far as to call the
current implementation of qmailadmin "aliases" a BUG.

I know it's not a bug. I'm just wondering if other people
have the same problems I have and share the same
frustration and would welcome such a patch, or if a
patch to correct this problem would be laughed off the
list.

Let me know what you think...

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator