On Tuesday, September 16, 2003, at 04:08 PM, Jeremy Kitchen wrote:
Upon further investigation I saw that autoresponder, when coming across
a Mailing-List header, would exit 100, causing qmail-local/vdelivermail
to bounce the message.

Am I wrong to think that autoresponder should silently ignore messages
with Mailing-List headers and exit 0 so the rest of the .qmail file can
be processed as usual?  It should not reply to messages from a mailing
list (we've all seen what kind of annoyance that creates) but it
shouldn't prevent them from being delivered.

I don't think your wrong, and most everyone on the list probably agrees.

I've added the autoresponder program to the QmailAdmin SourceForge project, along with the qmailadmin CVS repository. I uploaded Oden Eriksson's 2.0.4 version which includes a security fix, and then I made changes to the CVS for a possible 2.0.5 version.

I essentially went through and updated the exit codes to either 111 (temporary failure) or 0 (success).

I can't think of any reason that the autorespond program should have qmail stop parsing the .qmail file. If there are reasons, please share them so we don't mess something up. Personally, I'm looking forward to using this new version while I'm in the Grand Canyon the next 5 days.

--
Tom Collins
[EMAIL PROTECTED]