Hi all,

I'm using heavily modified redhat boxes with qmail, vpopmail, qmailadmin, spamd/spamc

I've come upon a situation where most of my users no longer want POP services but prefer having their mail forwarded to a, usually, old or longtime account. At the same time, they **really** like the spamassassin feature provided for Maildir delivery. I'd like to give them what they want.

If the mail is to be forwarded the qmailadmin creates a file, .qmail, in the account's directory that contains:

"&[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

If the mail is for local delivery and spam checking is enabled qmailadmin creates a file, .qmail, in the account's directory that contains:

"|preline -d -f /usr/bin/spamc -d 127.0.0.1 -p 783 -u [EMAIL PROTECTED] -f |/usr/local/bin/tomaildir $HOME/`echo $EXT | /usr/bin/tr [A-Z] [a-z]`/Maildir/"

Is there some way to rewrite these so that I end up with something that accomplishes:

"|preline -d -f /usr/bin/spamc -d 127.0.0.1 -p 783 -u [EMAIL PROTECTED] -f ===> &[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

I'm more than willing to manually modify the files, if that is the way I have to go.

Kudos to Tom and his boundless energy. Happy holidays to all.

Thanks,
Mike Wright