> I am trying to configure qmailadmin on Mandrake 9.2 system

qmailadmin should work on Mandrake 9.2. I have netqmail-1.05,
qmailadmin-1.2.1 and vpopmail-5.5.0 running without any problem, did'nt come
across any library dependencies during installation also.

> checking for C++ compiler default output... configure: error: C++ compiler
cannot create executables

> What exactly is wrong and how do I solve this?

Make sure you've installed C/C++ and associated libraries. Basically, you
need to have gcc, automake, ldconfig, binutils/linker.......and their
libraries/dependencies, you'll be prompted during installation itself.

You can also check for permissions/write permissions, were you root during
install? Can you execute gcc from the command line?

Lastly, google should be your best friend to solve this, it has solutions
most of the times.

There might be some other chances for your installation failure also.

Dheeraj.