On Aug 2, 2004, at 1:16 AM, Andrea wrote:
when creating a vacation message, qmailadmin creates it only for the
primary email address of the user, not for his alias.

How can I automatically set the vacation (autorespond) for the alias ?

I'm using qmail+vpopmail.

Actutally, to solve this problem, I have to do it manually editing the
".qmail-$real:$name" in the ~/vpopmail/domains/mydomain.com file so that
this file is exactly the same as the ".qmail" file located in the
maildir of the users.

Replace the alias with a forward.

i.e., have ".qmail-$real:$name" contain the user's email address instead of his Maildir. That way, the message will get forwarded and processed as if it was sent to the primary address.

QmailAdmin 1.2 and later only create forwards and this was one of the primary reasons for doing so.

--
Tom Collins  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]