On Friday 10 December 2004 07:24 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Thanks for the reply, the problem though is if you crypt the current
> password it does not turn out like the encrypted password above. I get
> different results when using the function from the link you provided. This
> is the password I get when I encrypt the same password in the original
> email:
>
> $1$34201110$1qOlP6BW44jKvA66l7q7F0
>
> and if I refresh it:
>
> $1$20202818$O9l6HCdGD19SqriwI8F4k0

right, it uses a different randomly generated hash to encrypt the password
with, that way passwords that are the same do not have the same encrypted
value.

-Jeremy

  [EMAIL PROTECTED] ++ www.inter7.com ++ 866.528.3530 ++ 815.776.9465 int'l
      kitchen @ #qmail #gentoo on EFnet IRC ++ scriptkitchen.com/qmail
         GnuPG Key ID: 481BF7E2 ++ jabber:[EMAIL PROTECTED]