Franz Stancl wrote:

Franck schrieb:

Hi,

i've released a new version of my qmail installation script 1.3.17 :

I just tried out this script for the first time and I found a problem here.

Using Debian Sarge it barks here:
[...]
chkuser.c:37:22: vpopmail.h: No such file or directory
chkuser.c:38:19: vauth.h: No such file or directory
chkuser.c:39:29: vpopmail_config.h: No such file or directory

Obviously it expects that vpopmail is already installed, but that part comes only later in your script. Hence if you skip over the problematic part and try to install vpopmail first, it fails, too:
[...]
checking whether we can locate the qmail-newu program... no

So it looks like a deadlock to me ;)

For the records - my work around was:
1) Get rid of the chkuser patch
2) compile qmail /netqmail
3) compile vpopmail
4) re-run your script with the chkuser patch

If there is a "cleaner" way to get around this, please let me know.

It looks like you are on the right track...   The recommended way is:

Install qmail without the patch.

Install vopopmail.

Recompile and install qmail with the patch.