Good Rant!!

At 01:00 AM 9/3/2006, you wrote:
I understand this about 1000%. I've run into these same issues. My current solution to spam involves greylisting which seems to placate most people - but I still get some complaints about the delays greylisting causes even though it reduces spam 95%.

The problem is - when you filter outgoing mail you will get complaints from customers about recipients not receiving messages they sent. Which really complicates troubleshooting - because then you don't know if you filtered it, or the recipient ISP.

I've found that if a customer goes so far as to say "I'll move my business" then I move them to a completely unfiltered mail system and inform the customer that they are on their own for virus and spam filtering. They usually then end up leaving for other reasons.

It's really a lose-lose for tech people. All you can do is the best you can. Sometimes - that just isn't good enough for people.

I guess thats kinda a rant on my end.

Thanks;

Michael Bagnall
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://elusivemind.net