Quinn Comendant wrote:
Dear Inter7 developers and list friends

I've hired a XHTML/CSS pro to rebuild the QmailAdmin templates in valid XHTML
code that can easily be styled with CSS. This work will be finished in two
weeks. I'm happy to contribute this work back to the project and/or to any list
members who would find it useful.

However there are several portions of HTML that are generated by the C code
(several tables of list data, specifically) that would not be part of my
rebuild.

A request from the Inter7 dev'ers:

Would you mind rewriting the HTML generating portions in the C code so that it
outputs valid HTML? Or accepting patches from me to apply to the source
distribution? The change would be valid for XHTML but also for the 4.01
Transitional that the QmailAdmin currently uses, so it wouldn't hurt to do it
even if the old templates are retained. The following needs to be done:

1. Lowercase all tags and attributes
2. Strip all deprecated code (attributes and tags)
3. Quote all tag attributes values
4. Make sure all tags are closed properly and all empty tags are closed
correctly

Hi Quinn,

I haven't noticed any responses to your request, but I, for one, would very much like to have a version that had been xhtml'd and css'd, and preferably one that did not use tables for layout.

I'm pretty comfy with xhtml/css and might be able to help on specific tasks when time is available. I've looked through the templates and they are not that daunting and, though not a c programmer, can find and hack existing code.

Looking forward to hearing from you. Please reply on-list; this email address is a throw-away.

Thanks,
Mike Wright