Have you checked that you have enough free hard drive space? When you run out of space on your HD it can cause difficult to diagnose problems like that.

-- Gene

Jason King wrote:
I'm having a problem on my qmail server where the IMAP and SMTP services keep flapping up and down. I'm not sure what is causing this but it's been happening within the last 2 or 3 months...before that I haven't had any problems and that has lasted almost 2 years. Nothing has changed on the email server except for an upgrade to clamav and spamassassin and that was like a year ago.

Jason