Quoting [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

When you get the 'only one person at a time can log on as postmaster'
message, where is qmail admin getting the data to determine this from?

I'm having an issue where someone always gets this message, and I can
log in and out from my location all the time. I've had them fire up a
different browser, and delete all of thier cookies, though this seems
more like something on the server side.

Are there some lockfiles or something I'm not finding?

I peeked at the source and figured it out.
C is hard =/
As a public service, a file containing data like:
ip_addr=1.1.1.1&returntext=&returnhttp=
is created in the users homedir when they login and removed when they logout.