Hello fellow qmail/vpopmail fans,

I have a strange problem I cannot diagnose.  I am hopeful that someone out
there wiser than myself can point me in the right direction.

Originally, my email server had only one domain.  Lately, I have added two
additional domains using vadddomain.  I can use the vadduser successfully
to add users to any domain.  All seems well using vpopmail bin. However,
qmailadmin errors trying to add users to any domain but the original.
Qmailadmin works fine if I log in to the original domain.  However, if I
log into the newer domains and attempt to add a user I receive the error
message:

Email Account t...@newdomain.com (test) could not be added.

The only log message I can find is in the apache failed logs:

Failed while attempting to add user to auth backend

I've triple checked permissions.  I've reset the qmailadmin to setuid root
and setgid root, ie:
chown root qmailadmin
chgrp root qmailadmin
chmod ug+s qmailadmin

Still, no change.  The original domain works fine.  Subsequent domains
cannot add users.

I'm stumped.  Perhaps the issue lies with the cdb files?  I've looked
through them and they look identical to the original domain, as does the
directory structure and permissions.  Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Patrick Murray

!DSPAM:49c91ad732682075016624!