Hello!

I seem to have a weird problem, since google didn't find anything that could
relate to my situation.

To give you a clear idea of my sistem, I installed qmail etc following this
guide:

http://dev.gentoo.org/~hollow/qmail-howto.xml

and virtual domains send and receive mail pretty normally. Everything works,
well, everything but... qmailadmin. And it's a problem, since we need an easy
interface to admin mailing-lists pretty badly.

I can reach the page all right, it's on https admin domain, with an .htaccess
(hopefully) blocking spiders and scanners. But that's where my trip ends. No
way to login. And nothing at all in any log I could think of (auth.log,
dovecot.log, /var/log/qmail/*, /var/log/apache2/* you name it).

It's as if it didn't even try... but it does, since I get a "no such user"
answer (at least I suppose that's the english version, as apache sends me the
russian version, which reads "Неверное имя регистрации"). This happens with
all the domains I have.

I DID check that the domain is in strings /var/qmail/users/cdb (yes it IS
there and it must be, since mail works).

Just in case, I decided to make sure that the postmaster account is alive and
well. I added it in my Kmail and activated the highest level of logging
verbosity

           START LOG
Sep 05 04:25:56 Info: auth(default): new auth connection: pid=22408
Sep 05 04:25:56 Info: auth(default): client in: AUTH   1       PLAIN
service=imap secured    lip=**.**.**.**       rip=**.**.**.**       lport=993

rport=42036     resp=blablabla=
Sep 05 04:25:56 Info: auth(default):
vpopmail(postmas...@myvirtdomain.org,**.**.**.**): lookup user=postmaster
domain=myvirtdomain.org
Sep 05 04:25:56 Info: auth(default): client out: OK    1
user=postmas...@myvirtdomain.org
Sep 05 04:25:56 Info: auth(default): master in: REQUEST        3       20752
1
Sep 05 04:25:56 Info: auth(default):
vpopmail(postmas...@myvirtdomain.org,**.**.**.**): lookup user=postmaster
domain=myvirtdomain.org
Sep 05 04:25:56 Info: auth(default): master out: USER  3
postmas...@myvirtdomain.org   uid=89  gid=89
home=/var/vpopmail/domains/myvirtdomain.org/postmaster
Sep 05 04:25:56 Info: imap-login: Login: user=<postmas...@myvirtdomain.org>,
method=PLAIN, rip=**.**.**.**, lip=**.**.**.**, TLS
Sep 05 04:25:56 Info: auth(default): client in: AUTH   1       PLAIN
service=imap secured    lip=**.**.**.**       rip=**.**.**.**       lport=993

rport=42037     resp=moreblablabla==
       END LOG

I also sent mail to the account and I came just fine. So this is not about
passwords or bad accounts... where do I look next? Apache seems like the next
suspect...

in vhosts.d what I have is:
=====================================
NameVirtualHost **.**.**.**:443
<VirtualHost **.**.**.**:443>
        ServerAdmin webmas...@myvirtdomain.org
        ServerName admin.myvirtdomain.org

        DocumentRoot /var/www/localhost/htdocs
        <Directory />
                Allow from All
                Options FollowSymLinks
                AllowOverride All
        </Directory>

        ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /var/www/localhost/cgi-bin/
        <Directory "/var/www/localhost/cgi-bin">
           Order allow,deny
           Allow from all
           AllowOverride All
           Options ExecCGI
           AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
        </Directory>

        ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/myvirtdomain/admin/error.log

        # alert, emerg.
        LogLevel warn

        CustomLog /var/log/apache2/myvirtdomain/admin/access.log combined
        ServerSignature On
</VirtualHost>
turning loglevel to debug doesn't add anything to the process. What I don't
seem to understand is why I don't see a failed IMAP login in the dovecot
log...

Berto

!DSPAM:4aa1d30932711850612146!