Ron Horist wrote:

I accidentally moved the /root/.spamassassin directory to my trash. Hovever I copied it back. Now when I run:

spamassassin -D --lint

I get the following warning:

warn: config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line,
"/root/.spamassassin/bayes" is not valid for "bayes_path", skipping:
bayes_path /root/.spamassassin/bayes

My question is I think it restored ok, however I am wondering what the
permissions should be?  Right the .spamassassin and all other directories
and files under it are root:root.  Is this correct?
root:root is correct, chmod 755.  The permissions for mine are as follows:
-rw-------  1 vpopmail vchkpw  331776 Oct 26 13:51 auto-whitelist
-rw-------  1 vpopmail vchkpw   95400 Oct 26 13:51 bayes_journal
-rw-------  1 vpopmail vchkpw 2576384 Oct 26 13:51 bayes_seen
-rw-------  1 vpopmail vchkpw 5292032 Oct 26 13:51 bayes_toks