Dairenn Lombard wrote:

Perhaps I'm not being clearly understood;
One last thing I had to throw in - one of my servers came back with a warning on a hostname in greeting. GoDaddy may be kicking the messages since when your server connects, it's sending:
220 *Welcome* to Qmail Toaster Ver. 1.2 smtp Server ESMTP

Try changing the file /var/qmail/control/smtpgreeting from the default message (above) to your hostname (mail.whatever.com) and see if that maybe fixes it. It doesn't sound like GoDaddy is blocking your IP, just that your server is answering wrong. SMTP greetings (as far as I know) would respond in the same fashion regardless of sending/receiving emails. I might be wrong on this. I'll wait to see the error that GoDaddy is sending before I dig into this anymore.