I have bind installed on the same machine, and it resolves some locals
domains. When the link is down, It won´t accept mails to non-local
domains, and that´s fine, (and obvious!). But the problem is that it
doesn´t accept mail to local domains, resolved by my local bind
server.
First thing I checked was resolv.conf to make sure the server was
consulting itself (and it was).
I also tried eliminating /var/qmail/control/blacklists (and restarting
qmail), and it was the same.

Jake, I don´t understand hat do you mean by "you may need to make your
machine (127.0.0.1) the first forwarder". Do you mean in resolv.conf
or in named.conf? Isn´t that used when bind can´t resolv (non-local
domains)?

Salutti
Natalio